Food Safety and Hygiene
The Bentley Group will continue to uphold our high Food Safety and Hygiene standards to protect our staff, suppliers and guests including:
- Handwashing before and after all preparation of food and food handling;
- Handwashing stations to be set up and used during every service and included in briefing of all staff (front-of-house and back-of-house areas);
- Hand sanitisers available and used at all food and beverage preparation and surface areas;
- Daily cleaning, disinfectant and sterilisation of kitchen equipment and surfaces;
- No touching of eyes, nose and mouth.
- Wherever possible, chefs to wear disposable gloves during food preparation and service
- Hand sanitiser available for guests at each table
- Tables and chairs sanitised prior to guest arrival
- Guests are temperature checked on arrival at Ria Pizza + Wine
- Bentley Group staff who are unwell with respiratory illness or display COVID symptoms are encouraged to be tested and will remain at home until symptoms resolve.
Wellbeing of Guests
- We are taking all steps to ensure our guests are aware they should only attend our restaurants if they are feeling well and do not have any respiratory or COVID-19 symptoms.
- Each venue has assigned one staff member as a COVID-19 Safe Hygiene Marshall (who wears a badge) and is responsible for ensuring all aspects of the COVID-19 Safety Plan are being adhered to including overseeing social distancing, cleaning and appropriate record keeping.
- Internal capacity will not exceed, to a maximum of one person per 4 square metres – the guest capacity for Ria Pizza + Wine is 60.
- Guests are booked at staggered arrival times to minimise any congestion at entry
- Alcohol can only be consumed by seated customers; all beverages are served directly to each guest by their restaurant waiter
- No private group reservations for more than 30 pax
- An appropriate distance is to be maintained between tables in the restaurant
- Guests from the same household will be seated next to each other, to make it easier to fit everyone safely together;
- Where possible, we will ensure staff maintain 1.5 metres physical distancing.
- For each phone, email or online reservation; customer phone number and email address is to be recorded
- As guests enter the venue, they must complete the QR code sign in process – this is also applicable for any walk-in’s or patrons attending the bar
- Lists will be maintained for 28 days after each service. If we have a staff member or guest who gets diagnosed with COVID-19, we understand public health will ask for all records to assist with contact tracing;
- We encourage all staff and guests to download the COVIDSafe app to support contact tracing, if required;
- We ask everyone to cooperate with NSW Health if contacted in relation to a COVID-19.
Bentley Group will be guided by expert advisory organisations and act accordingly when new advice is received.